Canadian coupons, deals, flyers and contests
  Browse   Categories   General... » The Coffe...    

Forum

Forum

Discuss and share Canadian Shopping Experience - deals, coupons, flyers and contests.

Charlie Sheen's Character returning to "Two and a Half Men" in April

Charlie Sheen's character returning to "Two and a Half Men"

"Two and a Half Men" fans haven't seen the last of Charlie Harper, the now-deceased (and dust-busted) character that ex-castmember Charlie Sheen made famous.

But Sheen isn't returning to his former TV home. Instead, CBS has announced that they've cast someone else to play his ghost ... and it's not who you'd expect.

"Harry's Law" star Kathy Bates will stop by the CBS show (both "Men" and "Law" are Warner Bros. productions) in the April 30 episode as the ghost of Sheen's Charlie Harper. That ghost will be visiting Charlie's brother Alan (Jon Cryer), who'll suffer a minor heart attack in the episode.

Sheen's character was killed off of the series at the start of this season after the actor's very public battle with series creator Chuck Lorre. They've had fun winking and nodding about Sheen's issues ever since, but we can't wait to see what excuse they'll have for why he looks so different in the afterlife.

"Men," now in its ninth season, has been revitalized in many ways this year with Sheen's departure and Ashton Kutcher's arrival, although it's still unknown whether or not Kutcher (or the show) will return for a tenth season.

Do you still watch Two and a Half Men?   What do you think of Charlie Harper's ghost returning to visit Alan?  

588 topics   6337 posts
Elite Poster
I loved this show with Charlie Sheen and have not seen it since Kutcher came on board. I am sure it will be a funny episode and I may try to catch it, as I'm also a Kathy Bates fan. I think Jon Cryer is a great comedic actor as well.

171 topics   2420 posts
Elite Poster
When I read the post title I really wondered how they could pull that off - The bad blood that happened after the train wreck...
But now I get it! I did watch the new series for about 8 episodes, but I find it hard to watch regular TV much and fell out of it. I think I will have to catch up online and check this out.

278 topics   5646 posts
Elite Poster
Have not enjoyed it since he left. Will be a funny episode to catch!

93 topics   1362 posts
Elite Poster
Never did watch this much and haven't for some time, but I'm a big Kathy Bates fan, so this episode I think I will watch. Thanks for the heads-up.

6453 topics   19568 posts
Elite Poster
unusual casting

126 topics   16075 posts
Elite Poster
It's a stretch but I love Kathy Bates , About Schmidt, Misery, great movies. They seem to be having trouble letting the whole Charlie thing go and moving on.

625 topics   5326 posts
Elite Poster
We still watch the re-runs as well as the new show, which is just not the same. Altho I loved the show I cannot say I still feel the same about Charlie Sheen.

63 topics   159 posts
Valued Contributor
never watch but like Kathy Bates

2753 topics   14579 posts
Elite Poster
Dont like the show but like Kathy Bates should be interesting for sure

195 topics   4846 posts
Elite Poster
don't mind it at all ,still watch it.

1619 topics   6877 posts
Elite Poster
Interesting. Thanks for the share, She.

I have caught a few episodes of the series over the years in syndication. I know a few friends of family & fam' who have followed the show over the years, so I made it a point to record this season's episodes (and check them out a day or two later). The older platform with the troubled Sheen was certainly better/funnier, so it's interesting comparing Kutcher's involvement to how things were run when Sheen was around for 8 popular seasons previously prior to his whole #Winning embarassment for months.

6225 topics   42699 posts
Elite Poster
I stopped watching the show long before Charlie Sheen left, not because I didn't like it, but mainly because of one thing or another that interfered with me watching. I can't understand why they're using a female as his ghost, but it doesn't matter I still won't be watching it.

54 topics   5826 posts
Elite Poster
dropped the show and never looked back

1408 topics   18107 posts
Elite Poster

Moderators: Tim, Tim, admin, Gina